GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> The GDR Podcast - Episode 11
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sonrisu

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:03 am    Post subject: The GDR Podcast - Episode 11 Reply with quote

Previous Episodes
Podcast Archive

Episode 11 - Saturday, August 2nd, 2008 - 7:00PM EST

Topic ideas
  • (Open or round-robin) Discuss a game you really love, but would be considered by the community as a whole as a "bad" game. Talk about what it is with the design, implementation, etc that drew you to the game even though it wasn't necessarily fun to play (or something along those lines). The reason for playing it cannot be "because I spent money or it" or "because I had to." I want to focus on specific aspects of the game that, for one reason or another, you enjoyed so much you could look over all the other flaws in the gameplay/design.
  • What game design practice or game mechanic prevalent across most games today annoys you or pisses you off to no end? Why? What solution to the problem can you bring to the table?
  • (Suggested by a friend of mine) Talk about the main driving force behind why you are working on your current game project. For instance: "I was drawing stuff one day and I couldn't help but notice that this character would look awesome in a game!" If your current project is a for-profit one, then please pick your most recent for-hobby/fun game project.
I was going to add a topic about abandoning projects, but we actually covered this in Episode 2. I don't want to do duplicates so soon. As always, post your ideas if you have something specific you'd like to talk about on this episode!

Now available at your friendly gdrpodcast.com (42:40 / 9.8MB)

Edited by sonrisu on Sat Sep 06, 2008 6:50 pm; edited 3 times
sonrisu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, this is happening tomorrow. Are there some of you who plan to attend? I don't want to shut down my Saturday night if nobody is going to show up. If you are planning on being here, please think about the topics beforehand so we can just jump right in. Last month's episode went so smoothly. I'd like to repeat that!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now available at your friendly gdrpodcast.com (42:41 / 9.8MB)
Game Developer's Refuge
is proudly hosted by,

HostGator

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.