GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - Errro Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikedoty
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The unfortunate thing is, that's the only use I have for the glue so far. Initially I had thoughts of using it to force blocks to stay at a location as a puzzle element. Perhaps I will still manage to use it for that somehow.

sonrisu, the "can't walk after off-grid platform ride" bug should be fixed now. Also, in regards to a previous question you had, you can't push a whole pile of crates at the moment... you just push the lower-most one out from under the pile. I haven't decided if I'll look to change that or not. I don't anticipate having much of an emphasis on stacking crates to move later, but you never know. =)
sonrisu

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the kinds of levels I'm considering making include having to drop blocks on top of your own head, having to fall on moving arrows, and other such craziness. Having to move multiple blocks could be a really neat thing. Think about it: you stack two blocks high and then push them on top of an outline errro. It fills in, and the block left over starts moving along to perform some other task somewhere else.

This game is sort of like an action-ish puzzle great-machine style game. There are so many possibilities. You could also use it to make Rube Goldberg machines. Awesome.
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, it would be neat to have ropes that hang off of blocks, or connect between blocks and other blocks/points etc.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the balloon tutorial level, I jumped up off of a balloon onto a ladder and couldn't move after that.
mikedoty
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm, I'll look at it. I noticed some ladder glitches after I recently modified some movement code. Sorry :)
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - Errro Page Previous  1, 2

Use this link to get a Sign-On Bonus when you get started!

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.