GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> E3 2017 Page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PoV

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay. I'm actually not expecting much from Nintendo (maybe something to make me smile, but I'm not expecting to spend any money). So here's my wrap-up.

Stuff I'll buy

- DragonBall FighterZ (PS4): I've pre-ordered this.
- Monster Hunter World (PS4): I've pre-ordered this.
- Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite (PS4): I've CANCELLED my pre-order for this. Seeing it in action (there's even a demo), knowing the DBZ game looks so good, I'm just not interested anymore.
- Undertale (PS4?): I already own it, but the PS4 version seems a much better version. I loved the game too much. Will probably buy again in some capacity. Currently it's PS4/Vita only. Undecided if I'll wait for a Switch port.

Stuff I'm waiting on

- Mario+Rabbids (Switch): It's actually much cooler than I thought it'd be. X-COM is the usual goto, but it's VERY Disgaea like too. Will wait for a sale.
- ARMS (Switch): I think I want this, but I'm not super excited about it. I need it to be digital (multiplayer), but I can wait until it goes on sale.
- Splatoon 2 (Switch): I want this!!! I am excited about this, but realistically don't see myself having the time to play. I need this to be digital (multiplayer). Will try to wait until a deal.
- Street Fighter Whatever Edition (Switch): It's actually out already (digital), but it's very expensive. Will buy when it goes cheap.

Stuff that's cool but

- The Last Night (PC): It looks cool. It'll probably be reasonably priced too. I just need to remember that it exists whenever it does come out.
- Tunic (??): is cool.
- Beyond Good and Evil 2 (??): is cool, very pretty, but I'll have to be in a cinematic game state of mind. Haven't played one in a very long time.
- Blade Strangers (??): I may grab it when it's cheap.
- Shadow of Colossus Remaster (PS4): Definitely the preferred version to play, if I'm ever in the mood to play again.

But yeah, long story short it was a weak E3 for me. Only 2 sure-fire games purchases for me (still waiting, and will be waiting on FF7 remake for a few years I'm sure).
Diablo
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another that looks interesting to me. I played the last game they made (Brothers) and thought it was done very well.

PoV

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah yes, that was the one game worth mentioning during EA.
sonrisu

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay. Two new Metroids. I guess this E3 turned out okay after all. :]

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Not only 1 Metroid, but 2 'eh? Also a Pokemon confirmation. That should make some people happy (/me shrugs).

I like the look of that new Kirby game. Nothing super gimmicky (hey Yoshi), just 4 player Kirby. Nice.

And so far Xenoblade is still coming out this year. I have my doubts, but hey.
BadMrBox
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Yoshi and Kirby games looks adorable. I'm having a feeling that the dev teams are spending their lunchbreaks together quite often.

Character design is something that is important. The main character in Xenoblade has no fashionsense at all and his sidekick girl forgot her pants somewhere. But hey, boobies. The character design isn't my biggest gripe with the game (althrough the character design in the first game is waay better). My biggest complain, after watching the treehouse presentation, is that the battles are bloody boring as hell.It was painful to watch. My buddy that I was watching it with at the time said that all his interest in the game more or less vanished. I kinda agree.

A core Pokémon game on the switch you say? I'm sure it wasn't a panic respons considering people reacting as they did to Pokken DX. Especially as there wasnt even a logo to show. About time anyway, kinda bizzare that they have started it earlier. A real pokémon game will sell switch'es like crazy and not to talk about all the money from amiibo sales. Can't catch it? Buy it!

Rocket League coming to Switch is awesome. Crossplay is fantastic. Even as I have 600h playtime on pc I'd pick it up for Switch when i get the console.

Fire Emblem Warriors. I dont understand these Dynasty Warrior games. What's the gameplay? Punch 300 3d models with no AI what'soever?

Mario is now a bodysnatcher lol. Looks fun. Having a helluva hard time with the clashing art styles though. It was pretty much confirmed that Donkey Kong will show up in that Kong Town area. That will be fun to see.

Mario+Rabbids looks pretty interesting surprisingly enough.

It's awesome that Retro Studios is working on Metroid Prime 4. Disappointing that we didnt get any gameplay trailer. They must have been developing it for awhile. I mean, retro studios is 70 men strong. You dont need all that manpower for two Donkey Kong games.

I turned in to the treehouse event in the middle of the Samus returns showing. Damn did that surprise me. And by MercurySteam no less. Definitely going to pick that up.
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What the hell. Metroid Prime 4 is being made by Retro Studios but by a new team.
My question is why... and what the hell is Retro doing then?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last I heard "Original IP".
Sirocco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmm....

3DS Metroid will probably be fun. I miss the raw pixels though. And then there's the Prime 4 announcement -- I'm sure Sonrisu has already nutted several times over ;)

Kirby looks exactly like the last Kirby, which is.... not bad. Also not great. Kirby games have always been too easy, except maybe for Canvas Curse. Yoshi looks nice but seems yawn-inducing. It seems like there's never anything to actually do. Might be me overlooking things in the trailer.

XB looks like someone shit out a Tales game. But hey, at least they didn't bring that idiot Sawano back to fuck up the music. Trailer was too heavy on story stuff (which looked uninspired) and too light on gameplay. Needs moar running around the comfy world. Could be good.

I like that they are finally doing new things (Splatoon, Arms) and trying to win people over with gameplay + raw style. I also like that they have their own non-Mario/Zelda RPG franchise... I'm discounting the Mario + Luigi games because I've never liked them.

Better than I was expecting.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I'm excited for some more Metroid. I actually wish it wasn't Prime 4, but something new altogether. That is, not a continuation of the a Prime storyline. I would really like to see something expanding from the SNES timeline, or post-Fusion timeline. I'm curious to see how they expand Metroid 2. :]
Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read an ama with the Mario Odyssey top guy, this is my favorite answer.

Quote:
Quote:
Mr. Koizumi, what made you make Moons a collectible in Mario Odyssey?
Stars have had their chance, and we've grabbed Shines before, so i thought it was time we gave Moons a chance.
PoV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonrisu wrote:
Yeah I'm excited for some more Metroid. I actually wish it wasn't Prime 4, but something new altogether. That is, not a continuation of the a Prime storyline. I would really like to see something expanding from the SNES timeline, or post-Fusion timeline. I'm curious to see how they expand Metroid 2. :]

We really know nothing about the story. All we can gather from the title is that it'll be a first-person Metroid. Brand new team and all.
BadMrBox
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PoV wrote:
sonrisu wrote:

We really know nothing about the story. All we can gather from the title is that it'll be a first-person Metroid. Brand new team and all.

We kinda know that Sylux is going to be the bad guy in part 4 but that's about it.
I love the boxart for the M2 remake. Kinda wish they would have gone even closer to the original artwork instead of the boring space background.
Oh, and Metroid Dread is still a thing apparently.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just glad Metroid 2 finally got a remake of sorts. I'm the oddball, but I enjoyed the 1st and 2nd games the most (2nd because it was the only one I owned for a long time).
BadMrBox
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure how I missed Crytek's new project during the E3. I'm not the biggest fan of pvp but this has a nice pvp/pve mix with a nice setting. I like me some demons and monsters.

I also missed the new Call of Chtulu game. I hope it wont be a hide and seek then get seen and horrible maimed type of games like Amnesia and such.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game Developer's Refuge
is proudly hosted by,

HostGator

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.