GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - Errro 2: Outer Space Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mikedoty
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to get sound into the recordings, but apparently linux just really doesn't want to do that. I'm sure it's possible, but after an hour or so of messing around with it I decided to give up on the attempt. :( On the bright side the sound effects turned out surprisingly decent, and the work on the background music is going pretty smoothly. Just... pretend it's in there already? :P
mikedoty
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm finishing up some of the last little things now. I have all of the music loops recorded now, and the sound effects are all ready to go. I've been working on the readme file a little bit. Tomorrow I'll probably prepare the files for distribution (resetting controls to their defaults, etc.) and, if everything goes well, set up the windows binary.
mikedoty
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For fun, I thought I would post some metrics on the source for this project.

Quote:
xmllist.py:
Lines: 139
Underscores:46

I used this to give myself an easy way to load "xml" data into a generic list. I wanted to be able to send it a tag (e.g. "challenge"), then have it find all of the challenge tags and save the attribute key/values for each.

glfunctions.py:
Lines: 1218
Underscores:1015

Most of this is common code I reuse in most of my projects. I added a few things along the way, but nothing serious.

tracks.py:
Lines: 179
Underscores:56

This is a simple file that makes sure the background tracks are available and handles playing them and such.

objects.py:
Lines: 7491
Underscores:6598

All 40-odd objects (e.g. player, moving platform, etc.) in the game are in this file.

main.py:
Lines: 10386
Underscores:8886

Well, it must do something. Menus?

constants.py:
Lines: 174
Underscores:184

Finally a file with more underscores than lines of code.

map.py:
Lines: 2612
Underscores:1563

The map object controls just about everything in a level (objects, rotation value, sliding, etc.).

dlc.py:
Lines: 118
Underscores:54

I have a couple of classes in this file to facilitate various uploading and downloading processes.

challengemonitor.py:
Lines: 1694
Underscores:732

This file handles script parsing and challenge evaluation.

gui.py:
Lines: 2223
Underscores:2172

Another file I've used in a number of projects. The main modification was adding support for rounded corners.

completionmonitor.py:
Lines: 197
Underscores:68

This one has an object that helps me keep track of which levels a player has or hasn't completed.

utils.py:
Lines: 246
Underscores:94

I just have a few miscellaneous functions in this file (rectangle intersection, path validation, etc.).

httputils.py:
Lines: 73
Underscores:17

Easy wrappers for common http operations.

13 files
26750 lines
21485 underscores

Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - Errro 2: Outer Space Page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Use this link to get a Sign-On Bonus when you get started!

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.