GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Okay, so what are we playing right now? Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 69, 70, 71
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got into the Quake Champions beta. For those that don't know this is basically a reboot of Quake3 Arena. It's pretty fucking sweet and the gameplay feels very much like Q3. They've added some special abilities and such to change it up a little bit. I have mixed feelings about that but maybe that's just me being an old man. It feels good to be fragging some newbs again :)

On mobile I've been playing FunRun Arena. Which is like a Happy Tree Friends racing game. It's amusing.
I'm also playing My Singing Monsters which is kinda of a grind-to-make-music game. Typically not my thing but it's got nice art, music and doesn't require a lot of time (there's really only so much you can do in a sitting). Kitsu plays it too and it has some limited network stuff we can do together.

-Bean
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Outlast 1. Fun stuff, and scary at times. Thinking of buying Outlast 2. I have gone from a craze of puzzle-heavy adventure games to only wanting to play survival-horror gory-gore games. For now at least.
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 27h into Dark Souls III (base game without DLCs). Just reached Abyss Watchers. Playing Sorceror.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good fun. I played so much of that game. Still not through second DLC actually. Abyss Watchers, good fun.

Played sorceror before, or first time? Personally I made a bunch of builds and had the most fun as a cleric. :]

[edit]Actually, if your timezone and playtime matches up and there aren't regional server lockouts, I would be more than happy to team up and help you through, if you like playing non-solo. :]

This is assuming you are on PS4. If on PC, honestly, I would consider buying it again. It's *that* good. :]
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Warrior 2 is out on consoles now. it's a very nice looking game, a significant upgrade from the first version from a couple years back.
AdmiralTofu
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom (1993), yet again.

I "created" a PWAD that changes the order of the ep. 4 maps so the episode has a more natural difficulty curve. Now I can actually play it on Ultra-Violence.

---
Twitter - @HadroSoft
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonrisu wrote:
Oh, good fun. I played so much of that game. Still not through second DLC actually. Abyss Watchers, good fun.

Played sorceror before, or first time? Personally I made a bunch of builds and had the most fun as a cleric. :]

[edit]Actually, if your timezone and playtime matches up and there aren't regional server lockouts, I would be more than happy to team up and help you through, if you like playing non-solo. :]

This is assuming you are on PS4. If on PC, honestly, I would consider buying it again. It's *that* good. :]

First time with dedicated Sorceror in any souls game and first time Dark Souls III in general. Always used magic as a supplement before for melee chars but never as primary choice. It seems much easier with a Sorceror except in some boss fights. Invisibility and Silence allow me to take out most regular enemies easily now whereas before I had those, I relied on distance and running. I'm on PC and I'm solo-ing it.
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Shadow Warrior 2. It's a gorgeous game, one of the nicest I've seen on xbox, however the story and characters in the game weren't as fun as those in the first game. I have to subtract some points for that. It makes me want to play Doom again, though, it's like a moderately-poor man's Doom from a gameplay perspective IMO.
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done with Dark Souls III first playthrough (except DLCs). Ended up summoning NPCs and sometimes random players for some of the boss fights after trying and dying too many times. Favorite areas in the game were: Consumed King's Garden, Lothric Castle and Cathedral of the Deep
Game Developer's Refuge
is proudly hosted by,

HostGator

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.