GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Okay, so what are we playing right now? Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bean
Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got into the Quake Champions beta. For those that don't know this is basically a reboot of Quake3 Arena. It's pretty fucking sweet and the gameplay feels very much like Q3. They've added some special abilities and such to change it up a little bit. I have mixed feelings about that but maybe that's just me being an old man. It feels good to be fragging some newbs again :)

On mobile I've been playing FunRun Arena. Which is like a Happy Tree Friends racing game. It's amusing.
I'm also playing My Singing Monsters which is kinda of a grind-to-make-music game. Typically not my thing but it's got nice art, music and doesn't require a lot of time (there's really only so much you can do in a sitting). Kitsu plays it too and it has some limited network stuff we can do together.

-Bean
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just finished Outlast 1. Fun stuff, and scary at times. Thinking of buying Outlast 2. I have gone from a craze of puzzle-heavy adventure games to only wanting to play survival-horror gory-gore games. For now at least.
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

About 27h into Dark Souls III (base game without DLCs). Just reached Abyss Watchers. Playing Sorceror.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good fun. I played so much of that game. Still not through second DLC actually. Abyss Watchers, good fun.

Played sorceror before, or first time? Personally I made a bunch of builds and had the most fun as a cleric. :]

[edit]Actually, if your timezone and playtime matches up and there aren't regional server lockouts, I would be more than happy to team up and help you through, if you like playing non-solo. :]

This is assuming you are on PS4. If on PC, honestly, I would consider buying it again. It's *that* good. :]
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow Warrior 2 is out on consoles now. it's a very nice looking game, a significant upgrade from the first version from a couple years back.
AdmiralTofu
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doom (1993), yet again.

I "created" a PWAD that changes the order of the ep. 4 maps so the episode has a more natural difficulty curve. Now I can actually play it on Ultra-Violence.

---
Twitter - @HadroSoft
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sonrisu wrote:
Oh, good fun. I played so much of that game. Still not through second DLC actually. Abyss Watchers, good fun.

Played sorceror before, or first time? Personally I made a bunch of builds and had the most fun as a cleric. :]

[edit]Actually, if your timezone and playtime matches up and there aren't regional server lockouts, I would be more than happy to team up and help you through, if you like playing non-solo. :]

This is assuming you are on PS4. If on PC, honestly, I would consider buying it again. It's *that* good. :]

First time with dedicated Sorceror in any souls game and first time Dark Souls III in general. Always used magic as a supplement before for melee chars but never as primary choice. It seems much easier with a Sorceror except in some boss fights. Invisibility and Silence allow me to take out most regular enemies easily now whereas before I had those, I relied on distance and running. I'm on PC and I'm solo-ing it.
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2017 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished Shadow Warrior 2. It's a gorgeous game, one of the nicest I've seen on xbox, however the story and characters in the game weren't as fun as those in the first game. I have to subtract some points for that. It makes me want to play Doom again, though, it's like a moderately-poor man's Doom from a gameplay perspective IMO.
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done with Dark Souls III first playthrough (except DLCs). Ended up summoning NPCs and sometimes random players for some of the boss fights after trying and dying too many times. Favorite areas in the game were: Consumed King's Garden, Lothric Castle and Cathedral of the Deep
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dark Souls II - Scholar Of The First Sin 64bit Edition appears to finally be working flawlessly (only encountered one light flicker glitch so far) in the latest Wine-Staging release. Being stuck on sister Friede's third phase in Ashes Of Ariandel DLC for DSIII, this was a good excuse to pause and resume my unfinished DSII playthrough instead. After some initial disorientation and not knowing where to go as memories faded, I found a place I had not been so far and killed a giant frog with a skull face... will probably miss some stuff because of the long break and having forgotten about places but there appear to be two paths branching behind the frog and I'm sure I haven't been to any of them so... hooray for exploration.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I found a place I had not been so far and killed a giant frog with a skull face...

Yeah, that guy was a real ass.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started playing The Surge on PC recently. It's very Souls-like, which means I will probably hate it, but I figured I'd give it a shot.
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have those moments when I hate the Souls. I love the exploration and the suspense ("do I dare to go around that corner/open that door/step through that fog/will I be able to get my souls back") but I do hate the occasional grinding when I'm severely under-powered or wrongly skilled/equipped... that always takes way too long to correct and isn't fun at all.
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was interested in the surge, but then I found out it doesn't have any coop. Next
Sirocco

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Diablo wrote:
I was interested in the surge, but then I found out it doesn't have any coop. Next

That kinda sucks.

The game is pretty good, but I'm not that far into it yet. I've been taking it slow and playing a few evenings a week. I just got to the first boss.
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Went back and finally managed to beat the Smelter demon in the Iron Keep today. On the journey elsewhere I reached Dragon Shrine behind Dragon Aerie.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still enjoying The Surge. I think one of the better things, compared to Souls, is that you can bank your scrap (think souls) when you're at a save point, instead of having to hold onto it until it's at a useful amount.

The game is rather dickish in that you have a 3 minute time limit to reclaim your scrap should you die. But if you've been playing things safe and banking from time to time your losses shouldn't be terrible. To offset that practice, the game rewards you with a scrap multiplier when you kill enemies, which resets when you visit a save point. So one mechanic encourages you to stay out and rack up scrap, and another encourages you to hurry home and bank it.

It's interesting.

Better yet, the PC port is good :D

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played a few hours of Prey last night (on PC) and so far it is fantastic. I didn't want to stop playing but I had to get some sleep ;)

But will it stay this engaging until the end of the game? Who knows? The System Shock vibe is heavy, and it has a clean UI and fairly sensible controls. I don't like how you have to hold down keys to perform some actions (deploy turret, repair things, etc) but at least it's not all over the place like some games (Destiny).

I feel like this is the game Bioshock should have been, but then it's too early to make that call.
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I played the first couple chapters in Typoman so far. It reminds me of Limbo from a visual standpoint, it's a nice looking game, and it also likes to screw you over a little bit with not-quite-perfect controls and a little harder than necessary jumping sections.
Diablo
Contributor

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sadly, I have already completed Typoman. I got stuck on one of the puzzles near the end and had to youtube the solution. Turned out I had already tried the correct solution, but the "O" in "OFF" had rolled a few pixels down a 10 degree incline, and therefore didn't get properly recognized at the time. Damn. Overall I very much liked it, but it's also a very short game.
0xDB
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Putting The Surge on my list.

Credits for Dark Souls II Sotfs have been rolling though there were many unexplored dark ??? bonfires left so I need to give the game more exploration and consult the wiki. Also pondering playing Fallout New Vegas again which I never finished either and got to run with enbseries gfx patch in Wine yesterday... looks good colorwise, almost lifelike. Wish there was a mod that allowed playing the game peacefully though, just as a walking simulator with extras.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Putting The Surge on my list.

You should.

I'm still playing, and loving, Prey.
Contributor

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2017 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to finally play Dark Souls 1. I have created a red headed bandit lady named redlocks. Still a pretty weak and cowardly character, I had to lure this Black Knight away, then run past him to get my first ring, he kept killing me otherwise.
Diablo
Contributor

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm off to a good start, I lost 10,000 souls last night (and also 4 bonus humanity I could have used) when some kind of hydra moster that shoots magic spells out of every one of its mouths killed me, and then killed me again during an absurd rescue attempt. On the bright side, I've cleared a couple of bosses and most of my other work has been reasonably death-free. Except that damned invader that killed me, I tried to run back to a bonfire where my friend was going to have his summon sign ready to help me, but I was too nervous on the way back, so I forgot quite where to go, and ended up in a total dead end with nowhere to run. :( He killed me in like one hit too. I need to become more powerful...
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Okay, so what are we playing right now? Page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 70, 71, 72, 73  Next

Use this link to get a Sign-On Bonus when you get started!

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.