GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - Space Engineers - Hardcore Mode
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Development Log - Space Engineers - Hardcore Mode Reply with quote

I made a mod. Don't know if there are any Space Engineers lovers here, but anyway :)

The play-testing so far indicates that it's mostly stable in early game, so while this is early beta, it's about ready to move to release candidates :)

Homepage: http://simonmeskens.github.io/SE-HardcoreMode/
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/2bhlew/hardcore_mode_are_you_man_enough/
SE Forums: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/7003899

Edited by Gil on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 am; edited 2 times
Gil
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to mention that if you feel like giving this mod a try, you might be better off waiting until it's not beta anymore. There's certain parts in there right now that are rough to say the least.
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played the game yet but I will probably get it at some point. I love minecraft and Space Engineers looks like minecraft in space.
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as good as Minecraft, but it shows potential :)

By the time you do try it, hopefully I'll be able to offer you a stable mod to make the experience more game-oriented and less "dicking around in space" (which can also be fun of course).
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed this to a devlog, as I'm redoing a lot based on user feedback. I also got one of those snazzy Jekyll Github Pages now.

Space Engineers mods broke in the latest update, so I can't release anything right now, but I'm working hard :)

I just finished testing if all planned features are possible and they are with some tweaks. So I'm going ahead with implementing everything.
Game Developer's Refuge
is proudly hosted by,

HostGator

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.