GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - Space Engineers - Hardcore Mode
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:31 am    Post subject: Development Log - Space Engineers - Hardcore Mode Reply with quote

I made a mod. Don't know if there are any Space Engineers lovers here, but anyway :)

The play-testing so far indicates that it's mostly stable in early game, so while this is early beta, it's about ready to move to release candidates :)

Homepage: http://simonmeskens.github.io/SE-HardcoreMode/
Reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/spaceengineers/comments/2bhlew/hardcore_mode_are_you_man_enough/
SE Forums: http://forums.keenswh.com/post/7003899

Edited by Gil on Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:00 am; edited 2 times
Gil
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to mention that if you feel like giving this mod a try, you might be better off waiting until it's not beta anymore. There's certain parts in there right now that are rough to say the least.
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't played the game yet but I will probably get it at some point. I love minecraft and Space Engineers looks like minecraft in space.
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as good as Minecraft, but it shows potential :)

By the time you do try it, hopefully I'll be able to offer you a stable mod to make the experience more game-oriented and less "dicking around in space" (which can also be fun of course).
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2014 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed this to a devlog, as I'm redoing a lot based on user feedback. I also got one of those snazzy Jekyll Github Pages now.

Space Engineers mods broke in the latest update, so I can't release anything right now, but I'm working hard :)

I just finished testing if all planned features are possible and they are with some tweaks. So I'm going ahead with implementing everything.

Use this link to get a Sign-On Bonus when you get started!

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.