GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> Development Log - RPGBC
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gil
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 7:50 pm    Post subject: Development Log - RPGBC Reply with quote

I previewed this one before. I'm running a game where people get to vote on new features and I'm forced to implement what's up top.

http://simonmeskens.github.io/RPGBC/

So far, people wanted:

• Controls
  • Nudity
  • Cutscenes
  • A weapon
  • Wolves
  • Tentacles

The fun part is, as long as they don't ask for it, they don't get it. Right now, there's not even a basic game-play mechanism for using your weapon (though you can attack certain entities), but there are tons of cutscenes. Apparently I'm also looking at creating a Mod API soon, even though I have about 30 players :)

Try out the game! You know you've found everything so far if you manage to get a new outfit :)
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes I get invisible text in Chrome, because this relies heavily on a webfont to render the font glyphs.

I'm going to introduce Font.js to remedy that. Until my own loader is ready, I'm using RequireJS, so adding libraries is easy.

I'm also using Keypress to handle controls.

I'll probably start cleaning up the code too, because the way this system works is not very conductive to writing pretty code.
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A single line playing field/world seems a bit limiting... it will be interesting to see what this may or may not turn into over time.

I suggested a quick travel feature (everyone vote for that!). :)
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have several ideas on how this could blossom into an actual fun-to-play game. Right now I'm deciding if I should put these ideas into the weird construct that is the RPGBC or if I should make a second game that largely shares the code-base where I have more freedom.

I'm experimenting with animation at the moment. When I have something cool, I'll post it here first :)

Use this link to get a Sign-On Bonus when you get started!

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.