GDR Forum Index
Podcast Podcast
Dev Dev Logs
Search Search
RSS RSS
Register Register
Reply to topic GDR Forum Index -> Game Developer's Refuge -> PSA: Day of the Tentacle Remastered is free on PS+
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirocco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:02 am    Post subject: PSA: Day of the Tentacle Remastered is free on PS+ Reply with quote

But only for the month of January. Normally it's $15 USD.

Yeah, this reads like an ad, but whatever....

Normally I don't go for "Remastered" games, but this one seems to have been treated with particular care, and you can toggle between regular and new material (graphics, music, SFX) at any point in the game, and that includes the user interface. Hitting the touch pad toggles between the two sets, but you can mix and match. Right now I'm running new graphics, but original music and SFX. The original art style lends itself well to the techniques used to upscale and retouch old images. Backgrounds look pretty good, and so do the sprites.

This is also based on the "Talkie" version that came out on CD-ROM, so all the voices are in. There's also developer commentary, but IDGAF about that, unless maybe Ron Gilbert shows up in it.

Edit:

Wanted to mention that I'm not sure about the new user interface yet. I have only played through the intro and first couple of screens. Classic UI is available with the old assets, though.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool. I think I might have bought the game on Steam at one point though (never played though). Ah well. Nothing wrong with 2 copies. :)
Sirocco

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaaaaaaand... done ;)

Seems I remembered too much of my previous play through, even though that was over 20 years ago. Heh. I got stumped on a few items but stumbled onto the answers with a little head-scratching.
Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really enjoyed this game at the start, but the puzzles have become bullshit at the point I am now. Acquiring the cat-skunk in the future was retarded, I had to look up the bedspring puzzle, this part needed some kind of audio hint because the solution was too wierd.

I've given up for now, i'd have to use a guide probably, which takes the fun out of it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one that got me was the horse. In hindsight it should have been obvious, but just... wasn't.
Contributor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I also did not get that one. And using the future mummy was also confusing. But I got through the human contest without hints. I have the battery in the past now, but i'm progressing slowly.

Use this link to get a Sign-On Bonus when you get started!

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective owners. All comments owned by their respective posters.
phpBB code © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group. Other message board code © Kevin Reems.